Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 2, 2015

A trip to Venice on the Island Princess

We enjoyed our 17 day cruise.  Alex enjoyed playing in the ping pong touraments, watching the outdoor movies and walking a few miles around the deck with me.  I met some nice ladies at the knitting group held every morning in a bar. They let me bead with them while they knit.

 I met Sue at the knitting group who, it turns out, could have been my sister.  We had so much in common it started to freak us out. One night at dinner Sue started talking about her family and she said her maiden name was Randall.  I snapped my head around and said "My maiden is Randall".  That certainly freaked us both out.  We hope to get together again once we are back in the states.

Everything and everyone, except for a few rude and grumpy old folks, were wonderful on the ship.  Princess tries very hard to make sure you have a good time.  There's plenty to do or you can hide and relax the whole time if you want.

So now I'm going to attempt to add some pictures.  There should be one or two of the ship and of some waves.  We had a very smooth crossing across the Atlantic, but one day we did get some rolling with 10 foot waves once we were in the Med.  Wasn't too bad.  You just had to hold on walking around.  These big ships have stabilizers that work pretty well.  Would we do it again?  Yes, in fact, if we can swing it money wise, we are thinking of going back to the States on one!


No comments:

Post a Comment