Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Heading North

From Alex:   Hi all,  we've left Canyon De Chelly and are very comfortable in Moab, Utah.  Canyon DeChelly National Park was challenging with no hookups and blowing sand up to 70 mph, but the scenery was breath-taking and worth the effort to be there.  Canyon De Chelly is like a "small-personal-Grand Canyon".  We were tired of the heavy winds and left early Thursday, 29 Apr.  Drove through sleet and snow to Moab, Utah.  It's a relatively small town catering to the kayak's, bicyclists, 4-wheelers and sight-seers of Arches and Canyonlands National Park.  Lots of young adults with boats, bikes and Jeeps.  I twisted my ankle so Chris has been doing just about everything while I rest.  It hasn't hurt this bad since High School basketball.  Chris wants me on the hiking trails in 2 days, so I'm resting.  Enjoy the pictures that Chris is going to download soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment